She whom I did till now love did cry each night,in her dreams joy did elude,
The deluge of tears did drench from far above into my soul, thus in my sleep I would awake.
The moon did weep as She did each night, each tear was Her's alone.
The desert thorns did embrace my skin, yet their pain could never compair,
a man whom to console his beloved could not.
*** *** ***
The night did its length eternity perceive to become, as I did to the lord of her pain battle.
He did break each of my bones, yet never my soul, and as I drew out life from him;
did from her chains let her loose.
The price paid to me but a token, as in her lap did I fall
soon from this land to fade, and from her hands a gratitude so pure did she offer.
As life did fade from the torn lover, He did profess love to love at last.
Now her tears are of freedom and gratitude, sung each night in her wails ,
so do listen deep to the night time breeze, and the dew's embrace.
As I did fade I watched, as my beloved did for me become the weeping moon.
Don't be deceived that the death of a character in this life of dreams would mean less than if it were in the "real" world. Reality is ,like any-other known word, full of differing meaning to all of us.
The story to some may seem complete, yet it is just but a prelude of what is a longer tale of separation...
I still can't help but remember the notion of my forgetting a promise I made, yet haven't fulfilled. So let the fairy tale lovers sleep easy tonight, for all 's well in the end, in this life or the next as they do say.
The muse for a weird tale as such would be a song so beautifully sad in tone as The Rusmas' "funeral song"... or a piano composition by some lady whom I can no-longer pronounce Her name...
"Sweet Tragedy" was the name of the full tale... of mortal whom in the time of night as in death do return to their immortal beings. Hidden within is the humour of life and the amorous smile of love.
Till next time we do meet again,
Kwaheri.
No comments:
Post a Comment