Sunday, 19 June 2011

A lady I once met.

I once went to "Kuona Trust" to feed my inquisitive mind. I walked around the compound feeding off personal stories from other artists, Young and Old alike. But one did stick out, not a painter, not a sculptor like the others but a writer...Each story is unique, and that's why I think Hers is worth writing.
She by Her own thoughts would not call Herself an artist before a self professed painter as myself, Yet to me She humbled me with what she had written. Her stories took me out of the realm of the norm, and placed me at a spectator seat next to the events of her life.A single wooden chair in the middle of an on going event. Left to witness closely, yet at a far off distance... safe distance if You may.
She to me is a painter, a singer, a sculptor and an all in all true artist. She can paint what was as if it is, sculpt her own emotions out of thin air into a monument so visible, and in Her word You can hear the songs of Her past...in the time now present.
Short as it may be,this is an acknowledgement of one who did make me humble.She is greater than I that I may acknowledge, for only one greater than Yourself could humble You.
All I had that day was my well ploughed mind (ready to recieve a seed), my heart( which I could not leave broken in a jar),... and after all the rest, was an A5 sketch book, which I had chosen to use as a note book. 
I didn't want to leave out any moment, since it would have been all in vain to have arrived their and done so.So what happened!! Well, I spoke to This Young petite Lady and for some reason wanted to know her story... unlike the sculptors, the painter and the phootographer, this person had more to her than She let out.  She hid her hair behind a green scarf and like wise attempted to veil Her eyes behind Her glasses. There was a lock of hair peaking from the scarf, and a depth her eyes that was only an idiot who could miss or even attempt to ignore.
Honestly, the painter I met there had His hands covered in paint ,the photographers were keen on what was on their desks,the sculptors with a rigid hand shake that allowed You to feel the rough palms of a sculptor who has for ages been working pieces out of tough media... then there She was, a person I could not place. At first I thought Her a painter ,since She was arranging paintings in a room full of them. Then on a closer look, no paint on Her hand or even spots of paint on attire. No painters-pallet in room either. 
Well She was arranging some work that had been exhibited on "Kuona Trust's" open day in an attempt to move them else-where, when I walked in. 
Some weird pleasantries only I could present, then a conversation that had me attempting to find the puzzle that was this Young Woman standin infront of me. Get me right, I am least interested in a love story, so just dispence the thought from Your mind. If one meet a map You wish to find Your prescent position Your destination, as well as the most clear of routes to get there. This is to me the best route to introduce the person.
  During the conversation, Her voice would have sounded like any other voice, yet something else did lurk behind the norm of her speech.Long story,on how She works in the administration block as a "desky" and not as an artist in that studio... then came the more often "but". Other than a "desky", She did write a blog on Her spare time, which to her was not as often as she would wish.
The level of curiosity that did follow,I  had to see this blog. She spoke of Her blog as if, it was nothing much, not even much to look at,yet at the same time, there was immence pride in Her voice about it(not the snort nose pride, but a self appreciation of Her work).Since I had the guts to say I can not write it down as She said it, I offered her my sketch book and a pen, and She did oblige to write the blog's name for me. Just a plus, Her hand writting is far much better than mine...(note to self:Tim, work on Your hand writing.Looks like a two year old writing the alphabets). 
So, I suppose, I would not write this if I had read a single word of the blog...or haven't been reading it. She still intrigues me till this moment, on how vast she can write in very tiny spaces of time and web page.
Oh, so this is what she wrote,'http://kui-silentstar.blogspot.com'... Yes, She wrote the whole "http://", bit. Clever, beautiful, and creative... what are the odds? 
Well that's kinda it, the topic I couldn't leave without posting. Has all the makings of a good story. 

Till next time we meet, 
Kwaheri.  

1 comment: